1 - 2
1. Tear leaves off of kale stems tearing in to medium to small pieces and place them in a large bowl.
2. Drizzle with about 1 -2 Tbsp. of olive oil. Using hands or tongs toss making sure to coat each leaf lightly.
3. Place in baking pan, cast iron frying pan, pyrex or on cookie sheet.
4. Bake in preheated 325 - 350 degree oven for about 5 minutes, check and turn. Repeat until they are crispy!
5. Sprinkle with sea salt or other spice, serve and watch them disappear!!
Green vegetables are the foods most missing in modern diets.Learning to cook and eat greens is essential to creating health. When younourish yourself with greens, you will naturally crowd out the foods that makeyou sick. Greens help build your internal rain forest and strengthen the bloodand respiratory systems. They are especially good for city people who rarelysee fields of green in open countryside. Green is associated with spring, thetime of renewal, refreshment and vital energy. In Asian medicine, green isrelated to the liver, emotional stability and creativity.
Nutritionally, greens are very high in calcium, magnesium, iron,potassium, phosphorous, zinc, and vitamins A, C, E and K. They are crammed withfiber, folic acid, chlorophyll and many other micronutrients andphyto-chemicals.